Learn how to make Chicken Tikka Masala, a popular chicken main course gravy recipe by chef Shantanu.
Chunks of roasted chicken cooked in a rich, creamy and spicy sauce is all you need on a day when you just do not feel like having your regular veggies for meal. Chef Shantanu Gupte is at your service with the mouth-watering chicken tikka masala recipe.
Onions (Chopped) – 2
Tomatoes (chopped) – 2
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Butter – 2 tbsp
1 tbsp chilli garlic paste
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp tumeric
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp red chilli paste
few sprigs of kasuri methi
half a cup of tomato puree
water – as per consistency
1 tsp honey
1 tbsp cashew paste
2 to 3 tbsp cream
8 to 10 chicken tikka pieces
coriander for garnish
– In a hot pan, add the oil, butter, finely chopped onion, ginger garlic paste and salt and saute the ingredients well.
– Once the onions are almost brown, add the kasuri methi, red chilli paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder and cumin powder and cook them slightly.
– Once the masalas are cooked slightly, add the chopped tomatoes to it and cook well on a moderate heat to avoid the chunkiness of the tomatoes in the gravy. When the ingredients are cooked, use a spatula to mash the ingredients well.
– Add water to the above ingredients and mix well. Let it simmer and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
– Add the tomato puree and honey and mix well.
– Add the cashew paste (boil the cashews in water and blend)
– Add the chunky tomatoes and capsicum pieces to the gravy and mix well.
– Add the roughly cut chicken tikka pieces to the gravy.
– Add water to the gravy to get a liquid consistency in the gravy. (water is optional if you would like to have a thick consistency gravy)
– Add the cream to the gravy and let it cook.
– Add the chopped coriander leaves to the gravy and mix well.
– The chicken tikka gravy is ready to be served.
Host: Shantanu Gupte
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya
Editing: Pratik Jain
VFX : Kushal Ramdas Bhujbal
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: http://www.youtube.com/user/getcurried?sub_confirmation=1
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GetCurried
Share on Facebook – http://goo.gl/6AJzOX
Tweet about this – http://goo.gl/7fQJWZ
Share on G+ – http://goo.gl/EqOSXT
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToGetCurried
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Chicken Tikka Masala | Indian Restaurant Style | Chicken Recipe