Classic Cherry Pie Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Classic Cherry Pie" recipe we have found so far.
Classic Cherry Pie
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
Cherry Pie Ingredients:
- 6 cups cherries pitted (2 1/4 to 2 1/2 lbs)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cups sugar use 1 cup for sour cherries
- 5 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp butter diced, to dot the top
- 1 Recipe for Double Pie Crust
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp milk or water
- 1 Tbsp coarse sugar
- Make pie crusts and refrigerate 1 hour before using. Arrange oven rack in the lower third of the oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup sugar, 5 Tbsp corn starch and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Pit cherries and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in 1 Tbsp lemon juice. Sprinkle on sugar/cornstarch mixture and stir together until evenly moist.
- Roll the first pie crust disk into a 13″ circle and transfer to a 9″ wide pie pan. The edges should hang a little over the edge of the pan. Pour the cherry mixture over the bottom crust along with any accumulated juices. Dot with Butter.
- Roll the second crust into a 12″ circle and use a pizza cutter to slice into ten 1-inch strips. Using the 10 strips of dough, create a lattice crust over the top (see photo tutorial on Natasha’s Kitchen). Tuck in the excess dough at edges then pinch the edges to seal or crimp edges if desired. Refrigerate pie 30 minutes (or freeze 15 minutes) while preheating oven to 425˚F.
- Beat together 1 egg and 1 Tbsp milk or water and brush the egg wash over the lattice crust and edges. Sprinkle the top with 1 Tbsp coarse sugar. Bake in the lower third of the oven at 425 ˚F for 25 minutes.
- Place a sheet of foil or baking sheet beneath the pie, reduce oven temperature to 350˚F, and bake additional 30-35 minutes, or until crust is golden and cherry juice is bubbling through the lattice top.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Classic Cherry Pie