This Cream Cheese Danish recipe is so easy to make! The cheese danish filling tastes just like cheesecake and the fresh berries and lemon glaze add a bright pop of flavor.
Berry Cheese Danish Ingredients:
- 1 lb puff pastry (2 sheets)thawed
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries)
Egg Wash Ingredients:
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
Ingredients for Lemon Glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Thaw puff pastry according to package instructions. Preheat Oven to 400˚F with a rack in the center of the oven. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat liner.
How to Make Cream Cheese Danish:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 8 oz of softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 egg yolk, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tsp lemon zest. Beat together on medium/high speed until creamy and smooth.
- Unfold the first puff pastry sheet onto a clean work surface and roll lightly into a 10″x10″ square. Use a pizza cutter to slice each sheet into 12 even strips.
- Combine 2 of the strips by tightly pinching two ends together then twist the strand from top to bottom. Press one end onto your work surface and loop the twisted strand around it, working from the center out. Pinch the end to attach it to the pastry. Flatten the center slightly with fingertips and poke the center a few times with a fork to prevent the center from puffing up too much.
- Place 1 Tbsp of the filling into the center and press the berries halfway into the cream. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4 for the remaining strands and second sheet of puff pastry. Transfer filled pastries to lined baking sheet, keeping at least 1/2″ space between them.
How to Make Eggwash & Bake:
In a small bowl, combine 1 egg and 1 Tbsp water. Beat together thoroughly with a fork.
Brush outside edges with egg wash and bake in the center of the oven at 400˚F for 18 -20 min. Let cool completely to room temperature so the cream cheese filling sets properly then drizzle with lemon glaze.