Best Layered Strawberry Cake ? Are you wondering how to prepare Layered Strawberry Cake ? Which Layered Strawberry Cake recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Layered Strawberry Cake .
Layered Strawberry Cake Recipe Info
Total Time: 1 Hours, 8 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 8
Ingredient tags: butter egg strawberry sugar
Layered Strawberry Cake Recipe
It’s almost hard to believe the sponge cakes have only 4 ingredients (flour, sugar, eggs and baking powder). If you have never made a sponge cake, be sure to watch our video tutorial on how to make a sponge cake before you get started. The Whipped Cream Cheese frosting has just 3 ingredients and pairs so well with strawberries
What you’ll need: Two 9″ cake pans, parchment paper, and flour sifter
How to Make Strawberry Cake Layers:
Preheat Oven to 350˚F and line bottoms of cake pans with parchment paper (do not grease sides).
1. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer (this is the one I have), beat 6 large eggs with the whisk attachment for 1 min on high speed. With the mixer on, gradually add 1 cup sugar and continue beating on high speed 8 min. It will be thick and fluffy.
2. Whisk together flour (measured correctly) and baking powder. Sift flour in thirds into the batter, folding gently with a spatula between each addition. Fold just until no streaks of flour remain, scraping the bottom of the bowl to ensure you don’t have pockets of flour hiding at the bottom; do not over-mix or you may deflate the batter.
3. Divide batter equally between two prepared cake pans and bake at 350˚F fr 23-28 minutes (my oven took 25 min), or until top is golden brown and springs back when poked slightly. Remove from pan by sliding a knife around the edges. Let cool to room temp then peel back parchment paper. Slice cake layers equally in half (I use this bread knife to slice cake layers).
Strawberry Cake Filling:
Cut strawberries into quarters if large and place them in the bowl of a food processor; pulsing until consistency of chunky applesauce; set aside.
1. Beat cold heavy whipping cream on high speed with whisk attachment for 1-2 min until stiff and spreadable then remove to a separate dish.
2. In the same mixing bowl (no need to wash it), beat together cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar about 2 min until smooth and lump-free, scraping down a bowl a couple times. Using a spatula, fold in whipped cream.
How to Assemble Strawberry Cake:
(Tip: to keep the cake plate clean, place strips of parchment or wax paper under the edges of the bottom cake layer. After frosting the cake, pull the strips out and you have a clean cake stand).
1. Place the first layer cut-side-up on your serving dish and spread with 1/3 of the strawberry puree.
2. Spread about 1/2 cup frosting on the second cake layer and place it over the first layer so the strawberries and cream are hugging. Repeat with the remaining layers.
3. Frost the top and sides with remaining frosting. Decorate the top with melted chocolate.
How to Decorate a Cake with Chocolate and Fruit:
These are the designs I made because I wasn’t sure how I would decorate this cake going into it.
I cut the little strawberries in half and placed them on each of the chocolate “vines.” Then I put strawberries halves around the base of the strawberry cake. If you can’t find small strawberries; raspberries would work well for the decor also as they are tiny and look cute cut in half.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Natasha's Kitchen