Diwali is just around the corner! Learn how to make Shahi Tukda, an Indian sweet dessert recipe from our chef Smita Deo on Ruchkar Mejwani. Shahi Tukda is an Indian style Bread Pudding where Bread pieces are dipped in sugar syrup and layered with Rabdi.
For the Rabdi
1 liter milk
¼ tsp green cardamom powder
Few strands of saffron
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp kewra / rose essence
For the Sugar Syrup
½ cup sugar
4 slices of bread with the crust chopped off and then cut into any desired shape
3 tbsp ghee
4 tbsp soaked and chopped almonds and pistachios
– Boil the milk and reduce to half and then add the sugar, saffron and the cardamom powder and reduce to one fourth.
– Add the essence and mix well and keep to cool in the refrigerator
– For the syrup boil the sugar and the water till a consistency of one thread approximately 10 minutes
– Fry the bread until crisp in a pan with some ghee
– Remove the crisp bread form the pan and add it to the sugar syrup and let it soak for a few seconds and then place them on a serving platter and spread a thick layer of rabdi on it and sprinkle some finely chopped almonds and pistachios and serve.
Director: Narayan Thakur
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Akshay Durgule
Editing: Ravi Varma
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe & Stay Tuned: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToRuchkarMejwani
For Facebook Updates: https://www.facebook.com/RuchkarMejwani
Join us on G+ : https://plus.google.com/u/0/108499039376892009441/posts
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Shahi Tukda | Indian Sweet Dessert | Recipe by Smita Deo in Marathi | Bread With Rabdi