Shrimp Fajitas Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Shrimp Fajitas " recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
Shrimp Fajitas are so flavorful and couldn’t get any easier! A one-skillet shrimp fajitas recipe with plump juicy shrimp, tender charred vegetables with an amazing fajita marinade. Be sure to serve them with Jalapeño Ranch.
We LOVE re-creating restaurant quality meals at home like our Copycat Chicken Fajitas or Creamy Shrimp Pasta. Homemade shrimp fajitas are a crowd pleaser and definitely don’t disappoint.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Shrimp Fajitas Recipe:
Make this shrimp fajita recipe once and you will make it over and over. The marinade is perfectly seasoned so every delicious bite of your fajitas has sweet, savory and smoky flavor.
How to Make One-Pan Shrimp Fajitas:
The easiest way to cook fajitas is on the stove top. They are quick, easy and come together in one pan. We also included grilling instructions below if you want to cook them outdoors (think: camping!).
- Stir together cajun seasoning marinade ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place sliced peppers and onion in a bowl and stir in 1/2 of the marinade.
- In a second bowl, pat dry shrimp and stir in the remaining marinade.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with 1/2 Tbsp oil. Sautee shrimp 1-2 min per side then remove.
- In the same pan, sautee vegetables 10 min or until soft and browned then turn off heat.
- Add back shrimp with their accumulated juices. Toss with 1/4 cup cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Serve with toasted tortillas and Jalapeño Ranch.
How to Warm Flour Tortillas:
There are several methods to warm tortillas and it should be done just before serving. The easiest way is to wrap a stack of 5 tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until warmed through. Wrap warmed tortillas in aluminum foil to keep them from cooling and drying out.
Tortillas can also be toasted about 15 seconds per side on:
- A gas stove-top over a medium/low flame (watch the video below)
- A hot dry skillet, griddle, flat cook top, or BBQ grill grates
What to Serve with Fajitas:
- Jalapeño Ranch (hint of spice) or Avocado Ranch (mild)
- Sliced avocado or guacamole
- Cilantro sprigs
- Lime wedges
- Corn on the Cob
- Avocado Corn Salad
Want to Make GRILLED Shrimp Fajitas?
Grilling your shrimp fajitas adds another smoky layer of flavor. What you will need: 4 skewers (soaked in water 30 minutes if using wooden skewers)
- Preheat grill to medium/high heat (400˚F). Brush the grilling basket with oil to prevent sticking.
- Skewer shrimp onto skewers, so they are just barely touching and not packed together then grill 2 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Remove shrimp from skewers and place on a platter.
- Place the vegetables in the grilling basket and grill until lightly charred (about 10 minutes), stirring every couple of minutes and keeping the lid closed between stirring.
Fajita Marinade Ingredients:
- 54 g olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 Tbsp cajun spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
Shrimp Fajita Ingredients:
- 453.59 g large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 bell peppers (any color) sliced
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 4 g cilantro chopped
- 2–3 tsp lime juice (from 1/2 lime)
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Jalapeno Ranch
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine marinade ingredients: 1/4 cup olive oil, 4 cloves garlic, minced, 1 Tbsp lime juice (from 1/2 lime), 1 Tbsp cajun spice, 1/2 tsp salt.
- Slice bell peppers, and onions the same 1/3” thickness and place vegetables in a medium bowl. Pour half of the marinade over the top then toss to combine.
- In a second medium bowl, pat dry shrimp with a paper towel, add remaining half of the marinade and stir to combine.
- Heat a large heavy pan over medium heat with 1/2 Tbsp oil and when hot, add shrimp in a single layer and sautee 1-2 minutes per side or just until cooked through and no longer translucent then promptly transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan, add marinated vegetables and saute until soft and golden brown at the edges (10 min), stirring occasionally, then turn off the heat.
- Add shrimp back to the pan along with 1/4 cup chopped cilantro. Squeeze fresh lime juice to taste over the mixture and toss to combine. Serve fajitas with warmed or toasted tortillas* and jalapeno ranch, or your favorite sauce.
*To Warm Tortillas: Wrap a stack of 5 in a damp paper towel and microwave 30 seconds at a time until warm.
* To Toast Tortillas: Place individual tortillas on a hot dry skillet, griddle, low gas flame or grill for about 15 seconds per side until lightly browned.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Shrimp Fajitas