- 2 plain papad, (available in Indian grocery stores)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced very small to make a approx. 1cup
- 1/2 English or deseeded cucumber, cut in very small pieces to make it about ½ cup
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely shredded, optional
- 1 green chili finely chopped, optional
- ½ lemon
- 2 teaspoon oil
- Mix tomatoes, cucumbers, cilantro, ginger, and green chili, set aside
- Lightly oil the papads from both sides, set aside.
- Preheat the skillet over medium high heat. Roast the papads on both sides in the skillet one at a time, pressing with spatula. The papads will change to a light yellow with a few brown spots. Be careful not to over-roast. Fold the Papads in quarters while they are hot, making triangles right on the skillet.
- Remove the papads from the skillet and break on the folds, creating four triangles from each one.
- Take one piece of papad and top it with cucumber, tomato, ginger, green chili, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.