- 1 ½ cup Semolina/suji
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Salt to taste
- 2 pieces of chopped green chilly
- Tomato sauce
- Chilly sauce
- Black pepper powder
- 2 medium sized finely chopped onion
- 2 small finely chopped tomato
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Sev as required
- 1 tsp Soda/ eno as required
- 2 tbsp oil
1. Take a Bowl and add Semolina, salt to taste, yogurt and mix it well for few seconds.
2. I have not added water but if the mixture is dry add water as needed and mix them properly into a smooth batter. Make sure there should be no lumps in it.
3. Now let it rest the batter for 15-20 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes uncovered the batter and you will see the batter has become smooth and slightly thick as rava absorbs the water so add water accordingly to get the right consistency, mix it well.
5. Now the batter is ready. It should not be too thick or too light like dropping water. It should have medium thickness.
6. To make Suji pizza base do not add soda or eno at once take another bowl and put soda/eno in the mixture which you are going to cook and let the extra batter wait on counter top to finish the cooking of first Suji pizza base.
7. Put ¼ cup of suji mixture in a bowl and add ¼ tsp of soda, mix it well.
8. Take a non-stick pan and grease the pan with little oil, once the pan becomes medium hot pour the batter. Do not spread the batter thinly, spread thick batter.
9. Size of the Suji pizza base depends upon the batter you have taken to spread.
10. Drizzle little oil all around and top of the suji pizza, Cover with the lid and cook for 2-3 minutes from downwards on low flame till it becomes brown.
11. After 3 minutes you will see the upper surface has changes it’s colour, now flip the Suji pizza and cook it from other side too.
12. Cook for 2 minutes only from other side, no need to cook too much. Once it turns light brown take it out from the pan, this way non-spicy suji pizza base is ready.
13. Once you finish the cooking of first pizza base then again put some suji mixture in a bowl and add soda/eno, mix it well. Repeat the same process for the remaining suji mixture.
14. To make Spicy Suji pizza base- Pour the batter and put some chopped green chilly on top and if you like can sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves, drizzle oil all around the edges and cook it just like non-spicy Suji Pizza base.
15. Base of suji pizza is ready; now let’s start making Suji Pizza-
16. Take both spicy and non-spicy Pizza base in a tray.
17. Put 1 tsp of tomato and 1 tsp of chilly sauce on both the pizza base and spread it evenly all around with the spoon.
18. Now spread some finely chopped onion and tomato over the suji pizza.
19. Sprinkle salt, black pepper and lastly garnish it with some sev and chopped coriander leaves.
20. Indian style Suji pizza is ready to serve.
21. Serve hot.
1. You can also spread Pizza pasta sauce.
2. You can also sprinkle Oregano or chilly flakes and can garnish it with some grated cheese.
3. Don’t use chilly sauce while making for kids.