- First make the spice blend. Break the cinnamon stick into pieces. Place in a dry pan with the cloves and seeds, and toast over a medium heat for about 1 minute until aromatic and the seeds are popping(shake the spices in the pan as you heat them to prevent them from burning).
- Once toasted, remove from the heat, and add the paprika. Place in a spice grinder, blender or mortar and grind until the mixture is a powder – sift it if necessary. This spice blend will keep for up to 3 months if stored in an airtight container.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- Make the houmous. In a large bowl mix the cubed squash, garlic cloves and ginger with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the spice mix. Season with salt and pepper and scatter in a single layer in a roasting tray. Place in the preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes until tender all the way through.
- Once the squash is soft, add the contents of the tray to a blender, discarding the garlic skins. Add the tahini, chickpeas and a squeeze of lemon juice along with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary – you might need some extra lemon juice.
- Transfer the houmous to a bowl and sprinkle with a little of the spice mix. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with warmed or griddled pitta bread on the side.
Best Roasted Squash Houmous Recipe? Are you wondering how to prepare Roasted Squash Houmous? Which Roasted Squash Houmous recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Roasted Squash Houmous.
Roasted Squash Houmous Recipe Info
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
Roasted Squash Houmous Recipe
More Dairy-Free Recipes
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Gordon Ramsay