- 2 cups blanched and finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pasta (fusilli)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bayleaves
- 6 to 8 peppercorns (kalimirch)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped capsicum
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp readymade tomato puree
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp dry red chilli flakes (paprika)
- 1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
For The Garnish
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 tbsp grated processed cheese
1. Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the bayleaves and peppercorns and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
2. Add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
3. Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Remove the bayleaves and discard them.
6. Add the tomato purée, tomato ketchup, oregano, chilli flakes and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
7. Add the cream, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
8. Add the fusilli, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes, while stirring continuously.
9. Serve immediately garnished with fresh cream and cheese.
पास्ता इन रेड सॉस (Pasta In Red Sauce)