- 2 eggs
- 250ml milk
- 3 tbsp. sugar
If you need caramel, mix 2 tbsp. sugar and 2 tbsp. water in a saucepan by tilting the pan. Simmer until the sauce is browned. (Do not mix with a spoon or the sugar will recrystallize.) Add 1 tbsp. water to stop hardening.
1. Mix all ingredients in a spouted measuring cup or a bowl. Add vanilla extract if you prefer.
2. Strain through a strainer into the cups.
3. Cover with aluminum foil (or plastic wrap is ok).
4. Add water in the pan (just about a half-inch across the bottom of the cups).
5. Cover the pan and bring to a boil. When it becomes to a boil, turn down to low and cook for 10 minutes. Stop the heat (do not open the lid) and steam for 10 minutes with the remaining heat.
6. If you need caramel, you can put it on top then put in the fridge until cold.