For the pudding
- 395g sweetened condense milk
- 395g water
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vannilla essence
- pich of salt
For the Caramel syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees. Spray a oven safe dish with cooking oil and set it aside.
- Beat up 3 eggs and set it aside.
- In a small saucepan add in the sugar and water and cook over medium heat. Bring it to boil but DO NOT stir as it can crystallized the sugar.
- Syrup mixture will change it’s colour from white, golden to amber colour. Remove it immediately from the heat when it becomes in between golden and amber colour. Pour the syrup to prepared oven dish.
- In another saucepan add in the condensed milk and water. Heat it over medium heat until it’s just under boiling point. Remove it from the heat.
Add in salt and vanilla essence.
- Now its time to warm up the eggs before adding it in to the condense milk mixture. take a big spoonful of heated condense milk mixture and add it to the eggs slowly while continue to mix. Then you can slowly add the eggs in to the heated condense milk mixture. Remember to keep mixing while adding the eggs.
- By now the caramel syrup should be hard in texture. Pour the prepared mixture in to the oven safe dish on top of the caramel syrup.
- Place the dish in another oven safe dish (bigger in size) and fill it with boiling water until halfway.
- Bake it in the oven to 35 to 40 minutes or until the centre is lightly set.
- Chill it in the fridge at least 3 to 4 hours before serving.
TIP FOR SERVING:
Cut it in to desired slices, flip the slice upside down so the top part will be dark gold in colour. Pour some syrup over the slice.
Delicious Homemade Flan or Cream Caramel Pudding Recipe