- 40g (1.4oz.) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. water
- 3 eggs
- 300ml milk
- 60g (2.1oz.) granulated sugar
- Mix granulated sugar and water in a saucepan by tilting the pan. Then simmer until the sauce is browned. (Do not mix it with a spoon but tilt the pan to mix it. The sugar will recrystallize if you mix it with a spoon.) Pour the sauce into heat-resistant cups before it gets hard.
- Microwave the milk for 2 minutes just until warm. Add 2 tsp. of water in the saucepan to dilute the caramel, then mix in the milk. In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs until combined but not foamy. Dissolve granulated sugar, then gradually add the milk mixture. Strain through a strainer to make it smooth. Pour the egg mixture over the sauce in the cups. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Steam in the Pan
- Place some paper towels or a dish towel in a frying pan (so that you can gently steam the Puddings), then place the cups. Slowly add hot water in the pan (just about a half-inch across the bottom of the cups), cover, then cook on low for 20-25 minutes. Stop the heat and let them steam for 5 minutes with the remaining heat. Serve warm or put in the fridge to serve cold.