- 1 cup Toor Dal
- 6-8 pcs Mutton on bone
- 1 large sliced onions
- 1 inch pc Ginger
- 1/4 cup Mint leaves
- 1 tsp Haldi
- 2 tsp Chilli pwd
- 1 tbsp Dhania pwd
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped Tomato
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lt ++ Water
- Fried onions for garnish
- Wash and soak the split pigeon peas.
- In the pressure cooker add toor dal, mutton, turmeric, salt, ginger, water and cook for 4-5 whistles.
- In a pan add oil and heat it up then add sliced onion, pinch of salt and then let them turn golden brown, reserve few for garnish.
- In the pan add tomatoes and cook them until they are nice and soft then start adding the masalas – coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala.
- Check the dal and add some water to it
- Add the dal into the masala and mix it properly
- Let it cook for sometime and now the Dal Gosht is ready to be serve
- Garnish it with mint leaves and juice of half a lime
Dal Gosht Recipe | Hyderabadi Dal Mutton Gosht | The Bombay Chef – Varun Inamdar