Pizza Dough Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Pizza Dough" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
1. For your dough: get the water to the right temperature to bloom the yeast.
3. When it comes to kneading the dough, don’t be lazy — and really take the time to do it.
7. If you can, let the dough rise overnight.
8. After the dough has risen, knead for another minute or two to even out the dough and release some of the air bubbles.
9. Once you’ve shaped each ball of dough, cover them with a bit of flour and a towel and let them rise for another hour.
10. Before working on your toppings and putting the pizza together, get your oven as hot as it can be.
11. And preheat a pan or pizza stone in the oven to create great bottom heat.
12. There are several techniques you can use to stretch the dough, but if you want to play it safe, just use your hands to gently stretch it:
15. Time to pop it into the oven! It should take about 12 to 15 minutes.
- 2½ cups (600 milliliters) warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons active dried yeast
- 7 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 1½ tablespoons kosher salt
- ¼ cup semolina flour
- 1 28-ounces can whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- “Bloom” the yeast by sprinkling the sugar and yeast in the warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes, until bubbles form on the surface.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the middle and add the olive oil and bloomed yeast mixture. Using a spoon, mix until a shaggy dough begins to form.
- Once the flour is mostly hydrated, turn the dough out onto a clean work surface and knead for 10-15 minutes. The dough should be soft, smooth, and bouncy. Form the dough into a taut round.
- Grease a clean, large bowl with olive oil and place the dough inside, turning to coat with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for at least an hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Punch down the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead for another minute or so, then cut into 4 equal portions and shape into balls.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let rest for another 30 minutes to an hour while you prepare the sauce and any other ingredients.
- Preheat the oven as high as your oven will allow, between 450-500˚F (230-260˚C). Place a pizza stone or heavy baking sheet (turn upside down so the surface is flat) to the oven.
- Meanwhile, make the tomato sauce: Add the salt to the can of tomatoes and puree with an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Once the dough has rested, take one portion and start by poking the dough with your fingertips. Then, stretch and press the dough into a thin crust. Make it thinner than you think it should be, as it will slightly shrink and puff up during baking!
- Sprinkle semolina onto an inverted baking sheet and place your stretched crust onto it. Add the sauce and ingredients of your preference.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust and cheese looks golden brown.
- Add any garnish of your preference and enjoy!
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Buzzfeed