Best Beer-Braised Lamb Shanks? Are you wondering how to prepare Beer-Braised Lamb Shanks? Which Beer-Braised Lamb Shanks recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Beer-Braised Lamb Shanks.
Beer-Braised Lamb Shanks Recipe Info
Total Time: 3 Hours, 10 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 2
Ingredient Tags: bottle beer cayenne pepper cloves garlic freshly ground black pepper lamb shanks large carrots olive oil onion rosemary salt stalk celery Tomato Paste
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
Beer-Braised Lamb Shanks Recipe
- Season lamb shanks with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a deep-sided pan or pot over medium-high heat. Add lamb and cook, turning as needed, until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and reduce heat to medium.
- Place chopped onion, carrot, celery, and garlic in the pan. Season with a large pinch of salt. Cook and stir until vegetable juices start to come out, about 2 minutes. Add tomato paste and stir to coat, about 1 minute. Pour in beer and stir in rosemary. Raise heat to high and bring sauce mixture to a simmer.
- Toss lamb shanks in with the sauce mixture. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until lamb is nearly fork-tender, flipping lamb after 1 hour, about 2 hours. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature, at least 30 minutes. Refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
- Skim the fat off the top of the sauce, if desired. Cover and bring lamb to a simmer over low heat. Flip and continue simmering until meat is fork-tender and nearly falling off the bone, about 45 minutes. Place lamb shanks in a bowl to keep warm.
- Bring sauce to a boil over high heat. Boil until reduced by half but not too thick, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and cayenne pepper. Plate the lamb shanks and spoon sauce on top.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Beer-Braised Lamb Shanks