Chef John's Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Chef John's Buttermilk Biscuits" recipe we have found so far.
Chef John's Buttermilk Biscuits
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, about 5 minutes.
- Make a well in the center of butter and flour mixture. Pour in 3/4 cup buttermilk; stir until just combined.
- Turn dough onto a floured work surface, pat together into a rectangle.
- Fold the rectangle in thirds. Turn the dough a half turn, gather any crumbs, and flatten back into a rectangle. Repeat twice more, folding and pressing dough a total of three times.
- Roll dough on a floured surface to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out 12 biscuits using a 2 1/2-inch round biscuit cutter.
- Transfer biscuits to the prepared baking sheet. Press an indent into the top of each biscuit with your thumb.
- Brush the tops of biscuits with 2 tablespoons buttermilk.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 15 minutes.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Chef John's Buttermilk Biscuits