Chef John's Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Chef John's Buttermilk Biscuits" recipe we have found so far.
Chef John's Buttermilk Biscuits
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, about 5 minutes.
- Make a well in the center of butter and flour mixture. Pour in 3/4 cup buttermilk; stir until just combined.
- Turn dough onto a floured work surface, pat together into a rectangle.
- Fold the rectangle in thirds. Turn the dough a half turn, gather any crumbs, and flatten back into a rectangle. Repeat twice more, folding and pressing dough a total of three times.
- Roll dough on a floured surface to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out 12 biscuits using a 2 1/2-inch round biscuit cutter.
- Transfer biscuits to the prepared baking sheet. Press an indent into the top of each biscuit with your thumb.
- Brush the tops of biscuits with 2 tablespoons buttermilk.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, about 15 minutes.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 11 %
Cholesterol: 6 %
Sodium: 13 %
Potassium: 1 %
Carbohydrates: 5 %
Fiber: 2 %
Protein: 6 %
Exchange Other Carbs:
Vitamin A Iu:
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Chef John's Buttermilk Biscuits