Easy Rosemary Garlic Focaccia Bread Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Easy Rosemary Garlic Focaccia Bread" recipe we have found so far.
Easy Rosemary Garlic Focaccia Bread
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup (235 ml) warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (1 packet)
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 2 1/2 cups (315 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- In a cold medium skillet, combine olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, and the black pepper. Place the pan over low heat and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 10 minutes or until aromatic, but before the garlic browns. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the warm water, yeast, and honey. Stir a few times then let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the flour and a 1/4 cup of the infused garlic-olive oil mixture to the bowl with yeast and honey. Stir 3 to 4 times until the flour has moistened. Let sit for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining 1 1/2 cups of flour and the salt. When the dough comes together, transfer to a floured board and knead 10 to 15 times until smooth.
- Transfer the dough to a large oiled bowl, cover with a warm, damp towel and let rise for 1 hour. (It’s best to let the dough rise in a warmer area of your kitchen).
- After 1 hour, heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use two tablespoons of the remaining garlic-olive oil mixture to oil a 9-inch by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet.
- Transfer the dough to the baking sheet then press it down into the pan. Use your fingers to dimple the dough then drizzle the top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of the garlic olive oil mixture. Let the dough rise for 20 minutes until it puffs slightly.
- Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool baked focaccia bread on a wire rack.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Easy Rosemary Garlic Focaccia Bread