Rainbow Orzo Salad Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Rainbow Orzo Salad" recipe we have found so far.
Rainbow Orzo Salad
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 ripe mango, cubed
- 1 small cucumber, chopped (1½ cups)
- ½ small red onion, diced (1/3 cup)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ chopped fresh herbs (mint, basil, and/or cilantro)
- ½ cup uncooked orzo
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 packed cup arugula
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry or white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the red pepper, mango, cucumber, red onion, garlic, chickpeas, herbs, salt, and several grinds of fresh black pepper.
- Cook the orzo according to the package directions or until al dente. Drain, gently rinse, toss with a little olive oil and set aside to cool to room temp before adding to the salad.
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl, stir together the tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, cumin, sweet paprika, salt and pepper. Add a few tablespoons of water until it’s a drizzle-able consistency.
- Add the orzo, dressing, and arugula to the salad and toss to coat. Season to taste and top with toasted pine nuts.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Rainbow Orzo Salad