200 ml (3/4 cup) fresh cream (I used 25% fat fresh cream)
100 gm (1/2 cup) sugar
30 gm (1/4 cup heaped) cocoa powder
30 gm (1/4 cup) cornflour or cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla extract
Extra cocoa powder for sprinkling
– In a saucepan, mix the milk and cream together.
– Take 1/2 a cup of this mixture in a small bowl and mix in the sugar, cornflour and cocoa powder to make a smooth paste and keep aside.
– Heat the remaining milk in the saucepan over a medium flame.
– When it comes to a boil, lower the flame and stir in the cocoa/cornflour/milk mixture and cook until thick and creamy.
– Stir in the vanilla extract.
– Pour into ramekin bowls or cups.
– When the custard comes to room temperature or cools down, chill in the refrigerator for atleast 3 hours before serving.
– Sprinkle with cocoa powder before serving.
Ingredients (1 Cup = 200 ml) 1 cup milk (or 200 ml milk) 3 tablespoon custard powder 1.5 tablespoon sugar ½ cup mango pulp For the garnish mango pieces Instructions Take pieces of 1 mango in a mixer jar and blend. Keep the puree aside. We got about ½ cup puree from 1 mango. In … Read more