- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions; shape each into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, flatten each dough ball into a flat circle and roll out into an 8- or 9-inch circle.
- Place 2 prosciutto slices on one half of each circle of dough, leaving a 1-inch empty border. Spoon ricotta cheese on prosciutto. Season with a pinch of salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Top with chopped ham, mozzarella slices, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Moisten edge of dough with a bit of water using your fingertip. Fold the empty half of the dough over the filling and lightly seal edges. Crimp the edges up to completely seal the calzone.
- Sprinkle a lined baking sheet with cornmeal. Transfer calzones to the baking sheet. Cut several small slits in the top of the crust with the tip of a knife to allow for venting.
- Beat egg with water to make the egg wash. Brush the calzones with egg wash. Dust with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Remove excess cornmeal and grated cheese from around calzones to avoid smoke from the hot oven.
- Bake in pre-heated oven until browned, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving. Serve with heated marinara sauce for dipping.
% Daily Value *