Chef John's Ham and Cheese Calzones Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Chef John's Ham and Cheese Calzones" recipe we have found so far.
Chef John's Ham and Cheese Calzones
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions; shape each into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, flatten each dough ball into a flat circle and roll out into an 8- or 9-inch circle.
- Place 2 prosciutto slices on one half of each circle of dough, leaving a 1-inch empty border. Spoon ricotta cheese on prosciutto. Season with a pinch of salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Top with chopped ham, mozzarella slices, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Moisten edge of dough with a bit of water using your fingertip. Fold the empty half of the dough over the filling and lightly seal edges. Crimp the edges up to completely seal the calzone.
- Sprinkle a lined baking sheet with cornmeal. Transfer calzones to the baking sheet. Cut several small slits in the top of the crust with the tip of a knife to allow for venting.
- Beat egg with water to make the egg wash. Brush the calzones with egg wash. Dust with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Remove excess cornmeal and grated cheese from around calzones to avoid smoke from the hot oven.
- Bake in pre-heated oven until browned, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving. Serve with heated marinara sauce for dipping.
% Daily Value *
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Chef John's Ham and Cheese Calzones