BBQ Chicken Grits Pizza Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "BBQ Chicken Grits Pizza" recipe we have found so far.
BBQ Chicken Grits Pizza
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 1/4 cups stone-ground grits
- Kosher salt
- 1 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 oz. mozzarella, coarsely grated (3/4 cup)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
- Bring 5 cups water to a boil in a large pot. Slowly whisk in grits. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often (grits will bubble in spots), until liquid has absorbed and grits are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Combine chicken and barbecue sauce in a bowl. Scrape grits onto baking sheet and spread out to form a 1/2-inch-thick oval; let stand for 5 minutes. Bake until warm, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and switch oven to broil. Top grits with chicken, jalapeño (if desired), onion, and mozzarella. Broil, about 6 inches from heat, until beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle with barbecue sauce and sprinkle with cilantro.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on BBQ Chicken Grits Pizza