Cauliflower Grits with Spicy Shrimp Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Cauliflower Grits with Spicy Shrimp" recipe we have found so far.
Cauliflower Grits with Spicy Shrimp
Recipe Yields: 4
Ingredient Tags: Bacon Black Pepper Butter cashew milk cauliflower Cayenne Pepper Cheddar cheese chicken stock coconut milk dairy milk ghee Green Onions Kosher Salt lemon juice minced garlic Olive Oil paprika red bell pepper Shrimp swiss chard vegetable stock yellow onion
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 head cauliflower, (about 1 pound, yield 4 cups grated)
- 1 cup unsweeted cashew milk, or coconut milk or whole dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, or ghee
- 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined (16/20 count)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 slices bacon, (thick cut), chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (about 4 cloves)
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablesppons olive oil, (to substitute bacon grease if desired)
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces swiss chard, (8 cups sliced into 1-inch strips)
Grate or add cauliflower florets to a food processor. You want the cauliflower to be about the size of rice grains.
Add cauliflower to a medium-size saute pan and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, constantly stirring to release some moisture from the vegetable.
Add one tablespoon of butter, 1/4 cup of cashew milk, ¼ cup of chicken stock and ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir and cook until moisture gets absorbed, and cauliflower cooks through about 5 minutes.
Using an immersion hand blender or blender, pulse cauliflower mixture until it resembles the texture of grits (smooth yet still grainy). You don’t want the mixture to be completely smooth.
Transfer back to the pan. Turn heat to medium and add in ¼ cup grated cheese, stir until melted. Slowly add about ½ to ¾ cup more cashew milk until the grits are smooth and creamy. Taste and season with more salt and pepper as desired. Keep warm over very low heat while making the shrimp.
In a medium sized bowl combine shrimp, ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon pepper, ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper and ⅛ teaspoon paprika. Set aside. You can add more cayenne pepper if you like your shrimp really spicy.
Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add diced bacon and cook until crispy, frequently stirring, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel and drain. Keep two tablespoon of bacon grease in the pan, or you can remove and used two tablespoons of olive oil instead.
Heat pan to medium and add garlic and onion, stir and cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add in the bell peppers and cook 1 minute.
Turn heat to medium-high and add shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes on one side, and 1 minute on the other until pink. Add in 4 teaspoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons green onions and cooked bacon. Stir to combine, cook about 1 minute. Transfer shrimp to a warm bowl.
In the same pan add the swiss chard. Cook on medium-high heat until wilted and tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 108
% Daily Value*
Fat 12g 18%
Saturated Fat 5g 25%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 667mg 28%
Potassium 448mg 13%
Carbohydrates 12g 4%
Fiber 5g 20%
Sugar 3g 3%
Protein 9g 18%
Vitamin A 4650IU 93%
Vitamin C 137.8mg 167%
Calcium 240mg 24%
Iron 2mg 11%
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Cauliflower Grits with Spicy Shrimp