Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza" recipe we have found so far.
Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 pound pizza dough, (454g) raw
- all-purpose flour, for dusting dough
- olive oil, for brushing on grill and pizza
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, (120ml)
- 1 1/4 cups mozzarella, (115g, 4 ounces) shredded
- 1/2 cup smoked gouda, (56g, 2 ounces) shredded
- 1/3 cup roma tomato, (58g, 2 ounces) 1/4-inch thick slice
- 1/3 cup green bell peppers, (30g) 1/4-inch thick slice
- 1/3 cup red onions, (36g) 1/4-inch thick slice
- 1/2 cup corn, (75g) fresh, canned or defrosted frozen
- 2 slices bacon, (25g) cooked, diced
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, (156g) 1/4-inch thick slice
- 1/4 cup green onions, (13g) thinly sliced
On a floured piece of parchment paper in a baking sheet pan, stretch or roll out the dough to about 12 inches in diameter.
Make sure the bottom of the dough is floured and not sticking to the paper.
Preheat barbecue grill to have all burners on medium high heat, or direct heat if you are using charcoal, try to target 550°F (287°C).
Clean the grill, then use a folded piece of paper towel to carefully grease the grill grates with a small amount of olive to help prevent sticking of the dough.
Brush the top of the dough with olive oil.
Use the parchment paper to transfer the dough olive oil side down onto the grill, work quickly to stretch the pizza dough into a circle before it sets on the grill.
Cover the grill for 2 minutes, open the grill and check if the bottom of the pizza crust has browned and no longer sticks, the dough may look bubbly.
Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes uncovered if needed.
Turn all of the burners heat down to medium-low.
Flip the dough over and work quickly to add the BBQ sauce, mozzarella, smoked Gouda, tomato, bell pepper, onion, corn, bacon and cooked chicken.
Cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Check the bottom of the crust halfway through to make sure it doesn’t burn too much.
Top pizza with sliced green onions and more barbecue sauce if desired.
Transfer pizza to a cutting board and cut into 8 slices, serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 391Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Fat 17g 26%
Saturated Fat 9g 45%
Trans Fat 0.01g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Cholesterol 62mg 21%
Sodium 1126mg 47%
Potassium 177mg 5%
Carbohydrates 36g 12%
Fiber 3g 12%
Sugar 9g 10%
Protein 26g 52%
Vitamin A 550IU 11%
Vitamin C 22.3mg 27%
Calcium 340mg 34%
Iron 0.9mg 5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza