Double Dark Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Double Dark Chocolate Ice Cream" recipe we have found so far.
Double Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2–1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar – divided
- 1 cup unsweetened natural cocoa
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 oz. 70% cocoa dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Using a sharp knife split the vanilla bean half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Place the heavy cream, whole milk, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla bean seeds, and vanilla bean in a saucepan over medium heat. Stirring occasionally, let it come to 175 °F degrees for 13-17 minutes. Remove it from the heat.
- In the meantime, whisk the eggs, egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, salt, and cocoa in a bowl until they are smooth.
- Measure 1 cup of the hot milk and cream mixture.
- Slowly whisk 1 cup of the hot mixture with the egg and sugar mixture. (Careful: If you do not do it slowly, you may end up with cooked eggs)
- Return mixture into the pan, add the chopped chocolate, and cook on medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until it resembles a pudding-like texture and measures 180 °F degrees. This takes between 15-17 minutes.
- Pour it to a heatproof glass bowl and stir in the vanilla extract. Cover it with stretch film directly on the surface of the chocolate mixture.
- Let it cool for 15 minutes and place it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready, strain the custard through a fine mash strainer. Transfer it into the bowl of your ice cream maker.
- Churn it for 20-25 minutes or until it reaches 21°F degrees.
- Transfer it to an airtight container. Press it firmly to remove any air pockets. Place it in the freezer and freeze it until it is firm, at least 2 hours.
- Take it out 15 minutes before to make it easily “scoopable”.
- Serve it with pistachios (or any nuts you like) on top.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Fool Proof Living