Fried Green Tomatoes, Pickles, and Okra Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Fried Green Tomatoes, Pickles, and Okra " recipe we have found so far.
Fried Green Tomatoes, Pickles, and Okra
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Make the dip: Sprinkle kosher salt over garlic on a work surface. Using the side of a knife blade, mash garlic mixture to form a paste. Stir together garlic paste, crème fraîche, dill, chives, and lemon zest in a bowl. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Make the fried vegetables: Slice tomatoes into 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick slices. (You should get 4 to 5 slices per tomato.) Cut and discard stems from okra pods, leaving pods whole. Set tomatoes and okra aside.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 inch into a large cast-iron skillet; heat over medium-high to 325°F. (Closely watch the temperature, adjusting heat as necessary to maintain 325°F.)
- While oil heats, place cornstarch in a wide, shallow dish. In a second wide, shallow dish, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. In a third wide, shallow dish, whisk together cornmeal, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and remaining 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Dredge tomato slices, okra, and pickles in cornstarch, shaking off excess; dip in egg mixture, and dredge in cornmeal mixture, patting cornmeal coating onto vegetables. Place breaded vegetables on parchment paper–lined baking sheets.
- Make the fried vegetables: Fry coated tomato slices and okra pods until golden brown and crispy, 3 to 4 minutes, flipping halfway through frying. Fry pickles until golden brown and crispy, 2 to 3 minutes, flipping halfway through frying. Transfer vegetables to baking sheets lined with paper towels. Immediately sprinkle with sea salt after removing from oil. Serve fried vegetables with dip.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Food and Wine