- 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- ½ lbs extra-lean ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves — minced
- ¾ cup yellow onion — diced
- ½ cup celery — diced
- ½ cup red pepper — diced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 cup sweet potato — diced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups spinach
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the pan and the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes or so.
- Add onions, celery, red peppers and dried parsley. Cook until onions are gold brown.
- Add the sweet potato, broth and bring it to a boil.
- Cook for about 10 to 15mins.
- Add spinach, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes more.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary.