- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup frozen crinkle-cut baby carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen baby corn
- 8 potato slider buns or 12 mini potato dinner rolls
- 1 cup thinly shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup dill pickle chips
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, and cook, stirring frequently, until the beef begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in the chili powder and 1 teaspoon salt, and continue cooking until the meat is cooked through, 2 minutes more. Drain off any excess liquid, and add back 2 tablespoons of it. Reduce the heat to low, stir in the ketchup, sugar, vinegar and 1/2 cup water and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 8 minutes. Stir in the carrots and corn, and cook, partially covered, until the vegetables are tender and heated through, 5 minutes.
- Scoop some sauce onto 1 half of each slider bun, top with a handful of shredded cabbage and a pickle chip and serve.
Never leave a child unattended in the kitchen. Limit the child to tasks that are safe and age-appropriate.