Best Lamb Meatball Biriyani? Are you wondering how to prepare Lamb Meatball Biriyani? Which Lamb Meatball Biriyani recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Lamb Meatball Biriyani.
Lamb Meatball Biriyani Recipe Info
Lamb Meatball Biriyani Recipe
- 500g lamb mince
- 2 onions, 1 finely chopped, 1 thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- 3 long green chillies, seeds removed, finely chopped, plus extra thinly sliced to serve
- 1/2 bunch coriander, leaves picked, chopped, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 20cm piece (100g) ginger, finely grated
- 1 tbs ground turmeric
- 2 tbs garam masala (Indian spice mix)
- 1 1/4 cups (250g) basmati rice
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 3 green cardamoms
- 1/4 cup (60ml) ghee, plus extra to shallow-fry
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 4 cloves
- 250g Greek yoghurt
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup (55g) raisins
- Toasted cashews and lime wedges, to serve
- To make the meatballs, combine mince, chopped onion, egg, two-thirds chopped chilli, coriander, half ginger, half turmeric, half garam masala and 1 tsp salt flakes in a bowl. Roll 2 tbs meatball mixture into a ball and place on a tray. Repeat with remaining meatball mixture and chill until needed.
- Meanwhile, place rice in a bowl and cover with water. Stand for 20 minutes to soak, then drain well and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a roasting pan and line with baking paper.
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound peppercorns and cardamoms until coarsely crushed.
- Heat ghee in a heavy-based casserole with a fitted lid over medium heat. Add peppercorn mixture, cinnamon, cloves and sliced onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion starts to brown. Remove from heat and stir through yoghurt, garlic, remaining 50g ginger, remaining 2 tsp turmeric and remaining 1 tbs garam masala.
- Return to heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes to develop flavour. Add rice and 700ml water, and bring to a simmer. Cover and transfer to oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, heat extra ghee in a large non-stick frypan over high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until evenly browned. Transfer to prepared pan, cover with foil and bake at same time as rice mixture for 20 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Stir raisins through rice with a fork, top with meatballs, cover and stand for 10 minutes to steam. Transfer biriyani to a serving platter. Scatter with cashews and extra chilli and coriander. Serve with lime.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Lamb Meatball Biriyani