Best Roast Sage Meatball Pasta? Are you wondering how to prepare Roast Sage Meatball Pasta? Which Roast Sage Meatball Pasta recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Roast Sage Meatball Pasta.
Roast Sage Meatball Pasta Recipe Info
Roast Sage Meatball Pasta Recipe
- 500g pork mince
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 150g fresh ricotta
- 2 bunches sage, leaves picked, 1/2 finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 50g finely grated parmesan
- 3/4 cup (180ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 700ml tomato passata
- 2 tsp porcini powder (optional – from good grocers)
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 bunch basil, leaves picked
- 300g dried tortiglioni (substitute rigatoni or penne)
- 1 ball fresh buffalo mozzarella, torn into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine mince, garlic, ricotta, chopped sage, eggs, parmesan and 1 tsp each salt flakes and ground black pepper in a bowl. Roll mince mixture into tablespoon-sized balls and chill for 20 minutes to firm slightly.
- Heat 1/3 cup (80ml) oil in a frypan over medium heat. In 2 batches, add meatballs and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until evenly browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining meatballs. Add passata, porcini powder, if using, chilli and basil, and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions, then drain, reserving 1/3 cup (80ml) pasta water. Add cooked pasta and reserved pasta water to sauce and stir to coat.
- Transfer pasta mixture to a 2L (8-cup) baking dish and top with mozzarella. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for a further 15-20 minutes or until cheese is golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, to make the crisp sage, heat remaining 100ml oil in a frypan over high heat. Add whole sage leaves and cook for 30 seconds or until crisp and bright green. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Drizzle baked tortiglioni with extra oil and scatter with crisp sage to serve.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Roast Sage Meatball Pasta