Millionaire Chocolate Squares Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Millionaire Chocolate Squares" recipe we have found so far.
Millionaire Chocolate Squares
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
For the shortbread base:
- 100g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 175g self-raising flour
- 50g caster sugar
For the topping:
- 200g caster sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 200g butter
- 1 x 400g tin of condensed milk
- 200g dark or milk chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 22 x 22 x 4cm baking tin with butter. In a bowl, use your fingertips to rub together the butter and flour for the shortbread base, then mix in the sugar. Press the mixture into the baking tin and bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Leave the oven turned on.
- While the base is cooking, prepare the salted caramel. Place all the topping ingredients, except the chocolate, in a saucepan over a low– medium heat and allow to melt, then bring to the boil and simmer for 10–15 minutes until you have achieved a nice toffee colour, stirring regularly to ensure the sauce doesn’t catch on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the caramel over the shortbread base and place back in the oven to cook for 6-8 minutes. When done, remove the baking tin from the oven and allow to cool completely. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of shallow simmering water, then pour the melted chocolate over the cooled caramel and spread evenly with a palette knife. Once the chocolate has set, slice into 16 squares, or smaller ones if you want them to stretch further.
- Once the chocolate has set, slice into 16 squares, or smaller ones if you want them to stretch further.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Millionaire Chocolate Squares