- 12 ounce salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- Coarse-grained salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted Almond Parsley Salsa, for serving
- Baked squash, for serving, optional
Toasted Almond Parsley Salad:
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Coarse grain salt
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon, skin side down, on a non-stick baking sheet or in a non-stick pan with an oven-proof handle. Bake until salmon is cooked through, about 12 to 15 minutes. Serve with the Toasted Almond Parsley Salad and squash, if desired.
- Mince the shallot and add to a small bowl. Pour the vinegar over the shallots and add a pinch of salt. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Roughly chop the capers, parsley and almonds and add to the shallots. Add the olive oil, tasting as you go. Mix again and adjust the seasonings.