- 4 salmon fillets 6 oz each
- salt & pepper to taste
- green onions for garnish optional
- 1 cup orange juice or pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
Combine all marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside two tablespoons of marinade for brushing salmon. Pour remaining marinade over salmon and marinate at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place salmon, skin side down, in a baking dish and discard marinade. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake 10-12 minutes (this will vary based on thickness, check your salmon early to ensure it doesn’t overcook Brush salmon with reserved marinade and move to the top rack of the oven. Broil 1-2 minutes or just until cooked through, do not overcook.
Garnish with green onions if desired.
Saturated Fat: 2g
Vitamin A: 99IU
Vitamin C: 8mg