- 2 beef sirloin steaks, 200–250 g each
- Olive oil, for frying
- 2 carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 6 radishes, trimmed and finely sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Bunch of mint, leaves only, shredded
- 1 small banana shallot, peeled and finely sliced
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and shredded
- ½ large cucumber, trimmed, peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 2 baby gem lettuces, shredded
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp skinned peanuts, to garnish
For the Thai-style dressing
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tsp grated palm sugar or palm sugar paste (if unavailable, use golden caster sugar)
- 2–3 tbsp fish sauce, or to taste
- Juice of 1–2 limes
- Season the steaks generously on both sides, pushing the seasoning into the meat. Add a dash of oil to a hot pan and fry the steaks over a high heat on either side for 2-3 minutes (medium rare). Hold the fat side of the steaks against the pan to render the fat. When cooked to your liking, remove the steaks from the heat and leave to rest, pouring any cooking juices on top.
- To make the dressing, put the garlic and chilli in a mortar with a pinch of salt and grind to a paste. Add the sugar, fish sauce and lime juice and stir with a spoon. Taste, add a little more lime juice if needed,and set aside.
- Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, cut the carrots into ribbons. Place in a bowl with the radishes, tomatoes, mint, shallot, spring onions, cucumber and lettuce. Add about 4-6 tablespoons of the dressing and mix well to combine.
- Thickly slice the steak at an angle. Toast the peanuts with a pinch of salt for a few minutes in a clean dry pan and roughly chop. Place the steak on top of the salad and scatter over the chopped peanuts. Drizzle over the remaining dressing and serve immediately.
“Source, Gordon Ramsay”
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Gordon Ramsay Recipe
Ingredients: beef cherry tomato cucumber lettuce onions