Roast Beef Carpaccio Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Roast Beef Carpaccio" recipe we have found so far.
Roast Beef Carpaccio
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 600g beef rib eye
- Drizzle of vegetable oil
- 50g frisee lettuce
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 2 small cooked beetroot, thinly sliced, to serve (optional)
- Celery cress or mustard cress, to serve
- 1 medium fresh black truffle (optional)
FOR THE TRUFFLE DRESSING
- 10g butter
- 20g trompette mushrooms (or use chestnut mushrooms), roughly chopped
- 100g crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas 6. Put the joint of beef into a roasting tray, brush all over with a little oil and season well with salt and pepper, then roast for 15–20 minutes, until it reaches an internal temperature of 36°C. Transfer the joint to a sealable container and set aside to cool. Once cool, cover the container with its lid, then chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, until cold, or up to 12 hours, before serving.
- For the dressing, melt the butter in a small frying pan, then add the mushrooms and sauté over a medium heat for 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Once cold, finely chop the mushrooms and place in a bowl. Add the crème fraîche, olive oil, truffle oil and sherry vinegar and whisk together until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Smear the dressing onto four serving plates. Slice the chilled beef as thinly as possible using a very sharp knife, then lay the slices on top of the dressing – depending on how thinly you slice the beef, four or five pieces per serving will be plenty (see Tip). Garnish with frisee, chives, beetroot and cress. Finish with shavings of black truffle, if using, and season with pepper.
TIP: Store any leftover (unsliced) beef in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, then slice it thinly and use in sandwiches, salads or as part of a cold meat platter.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Roast Beef Carpaccio