Whip up this flavour-packed soup to serve as a starter, or enjoy it as a nourishing supper with crusty bread on the side to dunk in.
Sprout and Stilton Soup Ingredients
- 2 tbs olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 thyme sprigs, leaves picked, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 1 large potato, peeled, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 600g brussels sprouts, halved
- 2L (8 cups) vegetable or chicken stock
- 100g Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 100g creme fraiche
Sprout and Stilton Soup Instructions
Heat oil in a large, deep saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, celery and thyme leaves. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion is softened.
Add potato, sprouts and 1/4 cup (60ml) water to the pan. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until sprouts are softened, adding more water if it starts to stick.
Pour over the stock and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat to very low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Season.
In batches, transfer to a blender (or use a stick blender) and whiz until smooth.
Combine Stilton and creme fraiche in a bowl.
Serve soup topped with a swirl of Stilton mixture, a drizzle of olive oil and extra thyme sprigs.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on here