Tray-Baked Chicken With Butter Beans, Leeks and Spinach Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Tray-Baked Chicken With Butter Beans, Leeks and Spinach" recipe we have found so far.
Tray-Baked Chicken With Butter Beans, Leeks and Spinach
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1 whole chicken, jointed, or 2 breasts, 2 thighs and 2 drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head of garlic, cut in half horizontally
- 1 leek, trimmed, halved lengthways and sliced
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 400 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 x 400g tins butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 250g baby spinach leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/gas 4. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place a large roasting tray on the hob to warm up and add the oil. Once hot, brown the chicken pieces on all sides until nicely coloured. Turn the chicken skin side up.
- Add the garlic to the tray, cut side down, then add the leeks and stir around in the oil.
- Pour in the white wine and allow to bubble for 2 minutes, then add the stock. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom.
- Turn off the heat and add the thyme sprigs, butter beans and spinach, nestling them between the chicken pieces. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix everything together, then put the tray into the preheated oven. Bake for 35–40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Give the tray a stir occasionally to make sure everything is cooking evenly.
- Remove the tray from the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes before serving in warm shallow bowls.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Gordon Ramsay Recipe