- 1 very ripe banana and a few slices for garnish
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk e.g. rice milk
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup and more for drizzling on top
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut meal and more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
In a bowl, mash the peeled banana and add the plant-based milk, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Give it a quick whisk.
Add the flour, baking powder, and hazelnut meal to the wet ingredients. Whisk until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
Spray a flat pan or griddle with oil and heat it up to medium to low heat. Add an ice cream scoop or a small ladle of pancake batter*. Let it cook until the middle becomes bubbly and the corners set, then flip with a spatula. Let it cook on the other side until done. Repeat for all the pancakes. You should be able to get 5-6 pancakes out of the batter.
Stack the pancakes, top with banana slices, drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with hazelnut meal. Enjoy!
*If the batter spreads too much in the pan, whisk a bit more flour into the batter. If it doesn’t spread enough, add a bit more plant-based milk.