Vegan & Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Pancakes Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Vegan & Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Pancakes" recipe we have found so far.
Vegan & Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
For the Pancakes:
- 1 heaping tbsp Ground Flax + 3 tbsp Water
- 1 cup Unsweetened Plant Milk
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup Brown Rice Flour*, or see notes
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp (or Pinch) Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, divided
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp Real Maple Syrup, divided
For the Cashew Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1/2 cup Cashews, soaked
- 1 tbsp Real Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Filtered Water
For the Cinnamon Roll Pancakes:
- First, create a Flax “egg” by mixing 1 heaping tbsp Ground Flax with 3 tbsp of water. Set Aside.
- Second, create your Cinnamon Swirl filling by mixing 2 tbsp of Almond Butter, 1 tbsp Maple Syrup, and 1 tsp cinnamon in a small bowl. Add this to a piping bag, or to a ziplock bag. If you are using a resealable bag, push the filling into one bottom corner of it, seal it shut, then cut off a small portion of the tip of the bag to create a piping bag. Set aside.
- Third, create your “Buttermilk” by mixing the Plant Milk with 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, mix the Oat Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, and remaining Cinnamon in a bowl, stirring well.
- Next, add the remaining wet ingredients (Maple Syrup, Flax Egg, and Vanilla Extract) to the “Buttermilk” bowl and stir to combine. Add in the Dry Ingredients, then mix until a uniform batter forms.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the Pancake Batter in a large nonstick skillet or pan over medium-low heat. Quickly swirl the Cinnamon Roll “filling” onto the pancake, then cook the pancake for 4-5 minutes on this side, or until bubbles in the center start to pop. Flip, then cook for another 2-3 minutes. Flip the pancake back over and place on a cooling rack (with the Cinnamon Swirl side UP) until ready to serve. This recipe should make around 6 pancakes in total. Note: If you cook the pancakes in this manner you will not need to use any oil or vegan butter to grease the pan, though you may add some if you’d like.
- Finally, Serve the pancakes with a drizzle of Cashew Cream Cheese Icing and Maple Syrup, or as desired. Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
For the Cashew Cream Cheese Icing:
- Drain the soaked cashews, then add them to a high-speed blender with all of the remaining ingredients. Blend for 45 – 60 seconds, or until smooth.
- Drizzle over pancakes, and store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Ground Flax may be substituted for Ground Chia.
- Almond Butter may be substituted with any other Nut or Seed Butter; I would recommend Tahini or Melted Coconut Butter.
- If you have a nut allergy, you may substitute the 1/2 cup of Cashews with 1/2 cup of tofu, but cut the amount of Filtered Water in half.
- * You can use any flour you’d like for this recipe (except for Coconut Flour and Almond Flour), just make sure you have 1 total cup of flour. I chose to use Oat Flour because it was easily accessible, and Brown Rice Flour because it is more finely milled and would make the pancakes less gummy and lumpy than if I used all Oat Flour. Keep in mind that all flours absorb different amounts of liquid, so if you do make a substitution, you may have to slightly adjust the amount of Plant Milk in this recipe by 2-4 tbsp. Please note that I have not tested ANY other flour combinations, so for best results I recommend the combination stated in the original recipe.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on vegan & gluten free cinnamon roll pancakes