Best Vegan Meatloaf ? Are you wondering how to prepare Vegan Meatloaf ? Which Vegan Meatloaf recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Vegan Meatloaf .
Vegan Meatloaf Recipe Info
Total Time: 1 Hours, 0 Minutes
Recipe Yields: 8
Ingredient tags: balsamic vinegar black pepper carrot cayenne pepper celery cloves garlic fine sea salt flax seeds large onion lentils maple syrup oats olive oil salt tamari thyme Tomato Paste Walnuts
More Fit & Healthy Recipes
Vegan Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion , chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 carrot , chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 celery , chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils (green or brown; see notes)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats (certified gluten-free, if needed)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1 tablespoon fresh)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF and line a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. (I like to use a spray oil on the pan first, so that the parchment paper will stick in place.)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Stir occasionally until softened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a the bowl of a large food processor fitted with an “S” blade, combine the cooked lentils, oats, walnuts, flax, tamari, thyme, cayenne, salt, and several grinds of black pepper. When the vegetables are tender, add them in, too.
- Pulse several times, just until the mixture starts to stick together when you press it between your fingers. You don’t want it totally smooth, for the best texture. (See the photos in this post for reference.)
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan, then press firmly to pack it together. Stir the glaze ingredients together and brush it over the top of the loaf. Bake uncovered at 375ºF for 30 minutes.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes, then use the parchment paper to easiliy lift it out of the pan. Slice and serve warm.
- Leftover slices can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, but the leftover loaf will be a little more dry in texture when you reheat it, so you might want to serve it with gravy for added moisture.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 1497IU
Vitamin C: 3mg