Skip to content
- 2 tbs sunflower oil
- 1 1/2 cups (360g) Cambodian curry paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2kg pot-ready mussels
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tsp palm sugar
- Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add curry paste and fry, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until slightly darkened and fragrant.
- Add coconut milk and simmer for 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened. Strain into a jug, discarding solids.
- Return liquid to the pan and place over high heat.
- Add mussels and kaffir lime leaves, then cover and cook for 3-4 minutes until the mussels have just opened. Add fish sauce, sugar and lime juice and season with salt.
- Divide curry among bowls, scatter over coriander and serve with lime wedges.