- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 200g unsalted butter, half melted
- 600g onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) white wine
- 2 cups (500ml) fish stock
- 250g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 400g skinless salmon fillet, pin-boned, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g skinless blue eye fillet, pin-boned, cut into 2cm pieces
- 18 green prawns, peeled, deveined, halved lengthways
- 12 scallops, roe removed, halved
- 1 1/2 cups (75g) panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Micro basil, to serve
CREAMY TRUFFLE SAUCE
- 75g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pure (thin) cream
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- 2 tsp truffle paste (substitute 1 tsp extra truffle oil)
- Heat 2 tbs oil and solid butter in a pan over medium-low heat. Add the onion, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally and without browning, for 1 hour or until very soft. Add wine and stock, and increase the heat to medium. Bring to a simmer and cook for a further 30 minutes or until reduced by two-thirds. Cool, then whiz in a food processor until smooth.
- For the truffle sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add our and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, then, whisking constantly, add milk a little at a time until smooth. Cook, stirring, for a further 2-3 minutes until slightly thickened, then stir in the cream. Season, then remove from heat. Stir through onion mixture and set aside to cool. When cool, stir through the truffle oil and truffle paste.
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Heat remaining 2 tbs oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, tossing, for 3-4 minutes until slightly golden. Add to truffle sauce along with raw seafood. Divide the pie filling among 6 x 400ml ovenproof dishes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the sides start to bubble and the centre is hot.
- Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, paprika and 100g melted butter in a bowl.
Remove the pies from oven and top with crumb mixture. Preheat oven grill to medium-high, then grill the pies for 3-4 minutes until golden.
Serve pies scattered with micro basil.