Licorice Meringues with Chocolate Cream and Berries Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Licorice Meringues with Chocolate Cream and Berries" recipe we have found so far.
Licorice Meringues with Chocolate Cream and Berries
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 4 eggwhites
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp ground licorice root or aniseed (from Herbie’s Spices)
- 1 tsp black food colouring (optional)
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 300ml pure (thin) cream
- Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and chocolate shavings, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 110°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk eggwhites and a pinch of salt on medium-high speed to soft peaks. With the motor running, slowly add sugar, then add licorice and continue whisking until thick and glossy.
- Stir in food colouring, if using, to give a marbled effect. Spoon the meringue onto the tray in 6 even mounds, leaving a 2cm gap between each. Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until dry to the touch. Turn off oven and cool with the door ajar for 1 hour.
- To make ganache, place dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Place cream in a pan over medium heat. As soon as cream starts to bubble, pour over the chocolate.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to melt, then stir until smooth. Set aside to cool and thicken.
- To serve, spread ganache on plates. Break up meringues and scatter over the top with berries and chocolate shavings.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Licorice Meringues with Chocolate Cream and Berries