Capellini with Tomatoes and Basil Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Capellini with Tomatoes and Basil" recipe we have found so far.
Capellini with Tomatoes and Basil
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup good olive oil, plus extra for the pot
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 4 pints small cherry tomatoes or grape tomoatoes
- 18 large basil leaves, julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh curly parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound dried capellini or angel hair pasta
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Extra chopped basil and grated Parmesan, for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons of salt and a splash of oil to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the 1/2 cup of olive oil in a large (12-inch) saute pan. Add the garlic to the oil and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley, thyme, 2 teaspoons salt, the pepper, and red pepper flakes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to soften but don’t break up.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, add the capellini to the pot of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes, or according to the directions on the package. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water.
- Place the pasta in a large serving bowl, add the tomatoes and Parmesan and toss well. Add some of the pasta water if the pasta seems too dry. Serve large bowls of pasta with extra basil sprinkled on top and a big bowl of extra Parmesan on the side.<
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Foodnetwork