- 9 ounces soba noodles
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, about 2 limes
- zest of two limes
- 2 tablespoons Sesame oil
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chili sauce, more if desired, Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, 16/20 count
- kosher salt, as needed to season shrimp
- black pepper, as needed to season shrimp
- 1 cup brown mushrooms, thinly sliced fresh, for garnish
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, cut in half
- 2 cup cilantro, for garnish
- 4 slices lime, for garnish
Heat a large pot of water to boiling on high.
Meanwhile, mix all sauce ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Transfer to a small pot, boil sauce until thickened, stirring as needed. About 1 minute. Turn off heat and set aside. Add more honey or chili sauce if desired.
Heat a large pan over medium-low heat. Add olive oil, garlic, ginger, and red chili flakes. When the ingredients begin to gently sizzle, cook, stirring as needed for 3 minutes to infuse the flavors into the oil, turn off heat. Do not brown the garlic!
Dry the shrimp with paper towel, season with salt and pepper on both sides.
Turn heat up to medium and add the shrimp to the infused oil. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until shrimp is pink. Transfer to a plate. Turn off heat, reserve pan.
Add noodles to the boiling water, cook for 4 minutes, or as suggested by manufacturer. Drain noodles, keep warm.
Turn heat to up to medium high on the reserved pan. Add mushrooms and carrots, saute for 2 minutes. Add cabbage and peas, saute for additional 2 minutes. Turn off heat and add cooked noodles and shrimp to the pan. Gradually add enough sauce to coat the ingredients, stirring gently to combine.
Divide dish into 4 servings, top with cilantro and serve with a lime slice.
Calories 587 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Fat 21g 32%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Cholesterol 170mg 57%
Sodium 1788mg 75%
Potassium 500mg 14%
Carbohydrates 65g 22%
Fiber 4g 16%
Sugar 18g 20%
Protein 34g 68%
Vitamin A 5750IU 115%
Vitamin C 47.9mg 58%
Calcium 90mg 9%
Iron 4mg 22%