Cheesecake In a Jam-Jar Recipe; How to prepare this delicious recipe? What are the main ingredients required? Cooking time, important tips and more. Here is the best "Cheesecake In a Jam-Jar" recipe we have found so far.
Cheesecake In a Jam-Jar
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
FOR THE BASE:
- 200g almonds, skins on
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or golden caster sugar
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 250g low-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 300g Greek yoghurt
- 1–2 tbsp coconut sugar, maple syrup or runny honey, to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 200g frozen blueberries, defrosted
- Pinch of salt
- Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for 3–4 minutes, until they smell nutty and toasted. Leave to cool slightly.
- Pour the toasted almonds into a food processor and blitz until finely chopped. Add the coconut oil and sugar and blend until completely incorporated.
- Divide the mixture between four small jam jars and press down to make a firm base. Place the jars in the fridge to firm up while you make the topping.
- Put the cream cheese and yoghurt into a mixing bowl and beat together with a wooden spoon. Once mixed, add 1 tablespoon of the coconut sugar, maple syrup or honey, with the lemon juice, vanilla and a pinch of salt. Mix again and taste, adding the remaining sugar, honey or maple syrup, if needed.
- Stir half the blueberries into the topping and roughly mix so that they aren’t completely broken up but instead give a swirling pattern to the mixture.
- Remove the jam jars from the fridge and divide the topping mixture between them, filling each one until there is a 2cm gap from the top. Tap the bottom of the jars gently on the work surface to level out the filling.
- Divide the remaining blueberries between the jars, making sure you don’t over-fill them if you plan to put the lids on for transportation.
- Return the jars to the fridge and chill for at least an hour to firm up.
- Serve the cheesecakes straight from the fridge with teaspoons, or put them into a cool bag to take with you on a picnic.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Cheesecake In a Jam-Jar