Best Apple-Pie Spiced Porridge? Are you wondering how to prepare Apple-Pie Spiced Porridge? Which Apple-Pie Spiced Porridge recipe is the best on the internet? Do not search anymore! In this post you will find the best way to prepare Apple-Pie Spiced Porridge.
Apple-Pie Spiced Porridge Recipe Info
Apple-Pie Spiced Porridge Recipe
- 150g jumbo rolled oats
- 4 dates, stoned and finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of ground allspice
- 2 eating apples, cored and cut into chunks
- 400ml semi-skimmed milk, plus extra for serving
- Sea salt
- Put the oats, chopped dates and spices into a medium heavy-based saucepan with three-quarters of the apple chunks and add a pinch of salt. Pour in the milk and 400ml of hot water and stir over a medium heat until the porridge begins to simmer.
- Simmer gently for 15–20 minutes, stirring regularly for a creamy consistency. The apple chunks will collapse into the porridge and the liquid should all be absorbed.
- To serve, spoon into warmed bowls and top with the remaining apple chunks. Serve with a little jug of extra milk on the side.
Swap the cow’s milk for soya, rice or oat milk, or, for a very lean version, just make it with water.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Gordon Ramsay Recipe