Firecracker Shrimp Roll with Crab Aioli Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Firecracker Shrimp Roll with Crab Aioli" recipe we have found so far.
Firecracker Shrimp Roll with Crab Aioli
Recipe Yields: 6
Ingredient Tags: All-purpose Flour buttermilk canola oil Cayenne Pepper cloves garlic cornmeal fresh lemon juice fresh tarragon freshly ground black pepper ground chipotle pepper hot sauce Kosher Salt lump crabmeat mayonnaise paprika romaine lettuce sandwich rolls Shrimp worcestershire sauce
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
For the Crab Aioli:
For the Soak:
For the Breading:
- Combine mayonnaise, crab, garlic, salt, cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and tarragon in a bowl for the crab aioli. Stir to combine and refrigerate until needed.
- Remove tails from shrimp and keep chilled until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk buttermilk, hot sauce, chipotle pepper, cayenne, black pepper, and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, paprika, and salt together in a shallow dish for the breading.
- Slice partway through each sandwich roll, splitting it open. Scoop out some bread from the top to make room for the filling.
- Toast rolls in the preheated oven until crisp, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Soak shrimp in the buttermilk mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Spread crab aioli generously over both sides of each roll; top with sliced lettuce.
- Toss shrimp in the breading to coat; shake off any excess. Fry shrimp in the hot oil until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and immediately transfer shrimp onto the rolls. Sprinkle cayenne pepper on top.
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Firecracker Shrimp Roll with Crab Aioli