For the Crab Aioli:
For the Soak:
For the Breading:
- Combine mayonnaise, crab, garlic, salt, cayenne, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and tarragon in a bowl for the crab aioli. Stir to combine and refrigerate until needed.
- Remove tails from shrimp and keep chilled until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk buttermilk, hot sauce, chipotle pepper, cayenne, black pepper, and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, paprika, and salt together in a shallow dish for the breading.
- Slice partway through each sandwich roll, splitting it open. Scoop out some bread from the top to make room for the filling.
- Toast rolls in the preheated oven until crisp, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Soak shrimp in the buttermilk mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Spread crab aioli generously over both sides of each roll; top with sliced lettuce.
- Toss shrimp in the breading to coat; shake off any excess. Fry shrimp in the hot oil until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and immediately transfer shrimp onto the rolls. Sprinkle cayenne pepper on top.
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 94 %
Cholesterol: 79 %
Sodium: 96 %
Potassium: 12 %
Total Carbohydrates: 24 %
Dietary Fiber: 17 %
Protein: 82 %