Crab Cakes Recipe; How to prepare it? What are the ingredients? Cooking tips and more. Here is the best "Crab Cakes" recipe we have found so far.
⇓ Scroll down to see full recipe instructions. ⇓
- 1/2 pound crab meat, (227g, 8 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs, (114g) divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, (30ml)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, (15ml)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers, (37g) finely diced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions, (17g)
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, (2g)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, (30ml)
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
Combine crab meat, 1 cup bread crumbs, egg, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, bell peppers, onions, and chives in a medium bowl.
Divide crab mixture into four portions, about 1/2 cup packed or 4 ounces. Form into compact cakes, 3-inches wide and 1-inch thick.
Add 1/2 cup of bread crumbs into a shallow bowl. Gently press and coat each crab cake with breadcrumbs.
Heat a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Add vegetable oil, once the oil is hot add the crab cakes to the pan.
Cook until the surface is golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes on each side.
Serve crab cakes with lemon slices or sauce of choice.
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Fat 15g 23%
Saturated Fat 7g 35%
Cholesterol 79mg 26%
Sodium 1182mg 49%
Potassium 236mg 7%
Carbohydrates 19g 6%
Fiber 2g 8%
Sugar 2g 2%
Protein 15g 30%
Vitamin A 380IU 8%
Vitamin C 30.2mg 37%
Calcium 82mg 8%
Iron 1.9mg 11%
This recipe was featured on BestRecipeFinder.
View original post on Crab Cakes